2016-17 Canvas Thumbs Up Recipient:
Full-Time Faculty, Biology (BIOL)
419.755.4771 | firstname.lastname@example.org
[Also a 2015-16 “Canvas Artist” Winner]
Student Nomination Comments About What They Found Beneficial :
- “…very commutative on canvas. added additional tools for studying and made sure we knew they were available for use.”
- “Keeping everything up to date.”
- “Justin Tickhill provides us with all the lectures on here that he has taped and lab and lecture study materials also! “
Specific identified “best practices” of Canvas use that you do:
“I have an ever growing library of resources for the students to work with. I post sample questions, lab images, note outlines, audio lectures, zoom lectures and more to provide the students with additional ways to interact with the material. Every minute spent working with the material is a boon.”
- Frequent/Prompt grade entry
- Timely Use of Inbox to communicate/ Respond
- Timely Use of Announcements to Update/communicate with Students
- Posting of all class material/, files etc.
- Use of Assignment Due Dates and detailed, clear directions
- Media recorder/Zoom Video uploads for mini tutorials/narrated How Tos
- Made available supplemental links/ files etc.
- Ensuring all links/ files etc. updated and functioning/accurate
- Sending reminders via course homepage/Inbox etc.
“I give students a fast tutorial on how I have my canvas site built. This helps to give them to the online quizzes and supplemental resources. Everyone builds their course differently so it is a big help to the students.”