2016-17 Canvas Thumbs Up Recipient:
Full-Time Faculty, Respiratory Therapy (RESP)
419.755.4849 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Nomination Comments About What They Found Beneficial :
- “Easy to communicate via canvas. The two instructors that I selected also made certain to get back to me pretty quickly,(which I appreciated), with any questions that i may have had.”
- “They respond very quickly and are always up to date with grades”
Specific identified “best practices” of Canvas use that you do:
“After setting up canvas course prior to beginning of semester, I turn to student view and check links, look of the design, check due dates, read assignment directions, and try quizzes. When checking the quizzes I purposely miss questions to verify an automatic response come up with the correct answer and with explanation/difference between the two answers.”
- Frequent/Prompt grade entry
- Extensive use of comments/ feedback capabilities on assignments
- Timely Use of Inbox to communicate/ Respond
- Timely Use of Announcements to Update/communicate with Students
- Use of Discussions to respond to student posts/ Update/Communicate
- Posting of all class material/, files etc.
- Use of Assignment Due Dates and detailed, clear directions
- Structured Student-student discussion forum responses
- Made available supplemental links/ files etc.
- Ensuring all links/ files etc. updated and functioning/accurate
- Sending reminders via course homepage/Inbox etc.
“I give the correct answer to questions incorrectly answered on discussions and exams.”