2015-16 Canvas Artist: Susanne Carmack
Adjunct Faculty, Business
Student Nomination Comments About What They Found Beneficial :
- “Suzanne was my first teacher when I started using Canvas. I believe she set the bar pretty high, for her use of the calendar is what helped me in being organized. She made it very simple to learn and navigate through… Suzanne should teach this to other faculty!!!”
Student identified “best practices” of Canvas use that you do:
- Frequent grade entry
- Extensive use of comments/ feedback on assignments
- Use of Inbox to communicate
- Posting of all assignment material/ directions. info
- Use of Assignment Due Dates
- Structured Use of Student Groups
- Structured Student-student discussion forum responses
- Use of submitting assignments online
I use Canvas as my primary contact source and have Canvas text my phone in response to inbox and assignment messages.
I keep the course organized and allow students to work ahead while limiting their access to assignment links more than 2 weeks prior to the assignment due dates.