2015-16 Canvas Artist: Pat Herb
Full-Time Faculty, English & History
email@example.com | 419.755.4870
Student Nomination Comments About What They Found Beneficial :
- “Pat Herb specifically gives great notes and resources on Canvas… very helpful when it comes to contact information and it being on Canvas. Helps when students have questions.”
- “It was clear.”
Student identified “best practices” of Canvas use that you do:
- Frequent grade entry
- Extensive use of comments/ feedback on assignments
- Use of Inbox to communicate
- Use of Assignment Due Dates
- Use of submitting assignments online
Grade papers on my tablet which enables me to write on the papers and then also return a grading rubric to the students. Each assignment has its own module with the details of the assignment and samples from former classes.
The use of the Elumniate/Collaborate (web Conferencing) classroom that creates a more personal relationship with the students, like we are in a physical classroom together.