CANVAS 101 FOR FACULTY
Below are a series of tutorials meant to give you a stand-alone, on demand, basic introduction to Canvas. This is the distilled basics covered in a condensed Canvas 101 session.
Note: Screencasts use Elluminate (aka Collaborate) recordings which use Java.
If you encounter issues, make sure you have the latest version of Java installed.
How to Access CANVAS & Login
- Narrated Screencast (2 minutes, 51 seconds)
- Canvas Dashboard & Accessing Your Course Sites
- Canvas Course Site Navigation, Homepage & Layout Options
- Basics of How to Add/Edit Content in Canvas (Announcements & Media Recordings)
- Basics of Setting up Canvas Gradecenter via ASSIGNMENTS
- Weighting and Setting Up Grade Break Outs by Assignment Groups
- Adding a Grading Rubric to an Assignment
- Narrated Screencast (6 minutes, 29 seconds)
- Adding a Grading Rubric to an Assignment Documentation (HTML)
- Grading Student Work with a Rubric (HTML)
- Setting up an Assignment to Allow Students to Submit Work Online
- Grading/ Enter Grades
- Quizzes (+Tests, Exams, Polls, Surveys etc)
- Course Settings (Canvas’ CONTROL PANEL)
- Inbox (Conversations)
- Notifications/Password/Profile Picture
- Importing Material from Blackboard into Canvas
- Narrated Screencast (6 minutes, 14 seconds)
- Getting HELP!
Attending a hands on Open Lab Build Out session and or or other live Faculty training session is highly recommended to follow up with live Q&A.